Monday, August 8, 2011

Busy Days at Partnership, And I'm Loving it...


By Abigail Zambrana, Roosevelt High School Graduate

This experience keeps getting better and better. I am really excited about the blog and about sharing my experience and opinion on different matters with different students and community members. The following day I was assigned to find out how many students there are across all high schools with goals of providing an “I am the Future” shirt for all the students. This would be a really wonderful gift to give to all the students to remind them that they are the IMPORTANT ones. The entire staff of the Partnership, schools, and the district is working to serve the students.

Wednesday was a really fun day. Early in the morning, we were called in to help Principal Green at Ritter Elementary. Ms. Green has a wonderful spirit and is very sweet. We helped her organize all her files in alphabetical order and we fixed her bulletin. We decided to change it into the colors that surrounded the buildings of the school, which were orange, red, and yellow. When she first walked into the office and saw her bulletins board she was amazed and surprised as if it were one of the Make-over Episodes. We even recorded her reaction with my cell phone. It was truly inspiring to be back in the elementary school setting and remember what school for me was like in elementary.


Later that day, we went to Jordan High School and helped set up for the Bulldog Family BBQ. I had the opportunity to talk to students about S.H.O.W and parents about why they should send their students to the Jordan H.S the Partnership Academy of the Arts. It was really fun and I am looking forward to telling more students about S.H.O.W and the "I AM THE FUTURE Coalition". The following day, I had the pleasure to meeting with two staff member from the Public Counsel Law Center, as well as a group from City Heroes displaying their great success the past year at Gompers M.S. I really learn a lot from attending different meetings because I learn more about the Partnership and meeting different people that are interested in helping students.

This day continued as we met with large retail corporation about future funding they can provide to help the schools. It was definitely interesting to see their opinion about what they would fund. But I am sure as long as the Partnership continues to look for funding it will be found. We ended the day with an Intern meeting with Ryan in which we talked about many different ideas for August, and all I can say is I’m extremely excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment