Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Another Great Week at the Partnership

Joanna Martinez, Santee HS Grad

Being part of the Partnership has made an impact in my life by offering a voice for the thousands of students who feel desolate and don’t know who turn to. I was once one of those students who wanted to succeed but who didn’t know who to turn to for help. But because of my motivation and strong desire to become a student advocate, I am now making a difference one project at a time. I am the future and so are my peers and as long as I am part of this organization I will do everything in my power to help transform student achievement. Thanks to all these wonderful people here in the office my experience continues to be a learning experience.

Abigail Zambrana, Roosevelt HS Grad

Thursday, Marshall Tuck, the Partnership’s CEO, invited us to a few meetings with prominent foundations and corporations. I am excited about business leaders interested in the work the Partnership does and the opportunities they provide each school. I also had the opportunity to meet with Maria Contreras-Sweet, a banking executive. She is an inspiration and every time I meet with successful Latinas it motivates me to aim for the same level of success. It is my dream not only to be the best I can be, but to inspire other young Latinas.

On another note, the Partnership helped me ring in my 18th birthday! I was extremely amazed by the celebratory surprise in the Lundquist and am very thankful for everyone who participated. Initially, I thought it would be like any other day but it was definitely memorable. On Friday, I worked on a flyer for the Instructional team and am so glad to have done so because I had the opportunity to be creative!

This week was another great week! I was extremely productive and learned more skills to carry myself with in the future. I am looking forward to continually working with the rest of the Partnership staff and learn more about what it takes to transform a low-performing school to become a high-performing school. Thank you for such a great opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment